Student Services provides students and their families resources and direction to ensure the needs of all Pontiac School District Students are met. The Student Services team works closely with schools, administration, and families to bring seamless coordination so that all students are positioned for educational success.
The department facilitates the following:
- Oversees all district centralized processes and procedures for enrollment and withdrawals.
- Forecasting and preparation of enrollment projections.
- Management of personnel and programs for child accounting and student attendance.
- Oversees immunization records as required by the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR.)
- Serves as liaison between the school district, parents and the district's Trinity Transportation department.
- Oversees submission of information to the Michigan Student Data System (MSDS).
- Submission of Graduation and Dropout (GAD), Education Entity Master (EEM) and Student Infrastructure Database (SID.)
- Resolution of disputes regarding the individual assessment and placement of students.
- Transmission of student transcripts for former students and distribution of student records to other school districts.