The Human Resources Department of Pontiac School District is committed to conducting business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust. Our mission is to motivate a high-performing culture that engages diversity in its workforce. We will deliver excellent customer service and open-communication by responding to all human resources inquiries/concerns in a confidential and timely manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The School District of the City of Pontiac School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Positions are subject to The School District of the City of Pontiac policies, rules, and regulations. It is the policy of the School District of the City of Pontiac that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further the School District of the City of Pontiac Board of Education strictly adheres to the provision of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
Office of Human Resources
The Human Resources Division is responsible for all aspects of personnel administration and labor relations within the District. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Hire, recruit, and retain all District employees including administrators, teachers, secretaries, paraprofessionals, teachers assistants, food service workers, and building helpers
- Process and maintain all employee records
- Maintain and authorize guest teacher selection
- Monitor and facilitate all labor relation related issues including collective bargaining negotiations, grievance processing, and contract interpretation
- Complete and file the Registry of Education Personnel (REP) as required by the State of Michigan
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws concerning personnel issues, employee relations, employee support, Family and Medical Leave Act, teacher certification, tenure laws, and other relevant issues
- Coordination and supervision of the Teacher/Administrator performance evaluation system