Skip To Main Content


Transparency Badge

Homeless Services

If your family lives in any of the following situations you qualify for homeless services.

  •  In a shelter, (homeless, domestic, emergency or transitional)
  • Motel, hotel, or any other temporary housing
  • In a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station
  • If you are doubled up with family or sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, or economic hardship
  • Evicted or forced to relocate
  • Families who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence
  • Students under the age of 18 who have run away or otherwise are not accompanied by a parent or guardian

Eligible child/children have the right to:

  • Receive transportation to and from school of origin
  • Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment
  • Enroll in the local school; or continue attending their school of origin (the school they attended when permanently housed or the school in which they were last enrolled)
  • School supplies and backpack
  • School Uniforms
  • References to local agencies to assist with finding housing and help with financial assistance

If you believe you are eligible for homeless support services, please fill out a student assessment
District Needs Intake Assessment Form for each child in district that this will impact including
preschool age children.

District Needs Intake Assessment FOrm 

Additional Resources
Family Resource Guide

Contact Information

Wilma Bell, McKinney Vento Homeless Liaison 

(248) 451-6868