In the 2015-2016 school year, the State of Michigan will switch the Junior year MSTEP test from including the ACT to include the SAT. In addition, younger students will be given the chance to take the PSAT. Free, high-quality test preparation materials have been developed in a partnership between The Khan Academy and the College Board, who administer the SAT. For more on the SAT and PSAT, see the resources linked on this page.
- The Khan Academy resources can be found here: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/new-sat
- Five TED Talks You Should Watch Before You Take the SAT: http://magoosh.com/sat/2014/five-ted-talks-you-should-watch-before-taking-the-sat/
- The New York Times has written a comprehensive article on the SAT overhaul: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/
03/09/magazine/the-story- behind-the-sat-overhaul.html?_ r=1
- The Atlantic's coverage of the new SAT: http://www.theatlantic.com/
education/archive/2015/06/ should-the-sat-be-part-of- school/395417/
- From the Bridge Magazine on Michigan's switch to the SAT: http://bridgemi.com/2015/01/
what-michigans-switch-to-the- sat-means-for-high-school- students/
- College Board page about Michigan and the SAT: https://collegereadiness.
- More transition resources can be found here: http://mymassp.com/SATtransition