IMPORTANT TESTING INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS:
Starting this week, students in grades K-8 will be taking the middle of the year i-Ready assessment and students in grades 9-11 will take the NWEA assessment. The purpose of these assessments are to help teachers plan instruction based on your child's needs. Please encourage your student to keep their cameras on for the entire assessment. This helps the teachers make sure they are engaged and doing their best.
Students will be testing in small groups, so your child's schedule may look different for the next couple of weeks. Your teacher will be providing a schedule for testing and work for them to complete when they are not testing.
The following recommendations are things you can do to help your child prepare for the assessments.
- Make sure students get a full night's rest.
- Make sure students have a healthy breakfast before morning testing and lunch before afternoon testing.
- Encourage students to try their best.
- Remind your child that these assessments are designed to get only about half of the questions right. Some questions will be hard, some will be easy and some will be just right. It's ok to guess if they really don't know.
- Provide a quiet space for students to work during the assessment.
If you would like more information about i-Ready click HERE
If you would like more information about NWEA click HERE